Thursday, July 8, 2010

Scary stuff

Just a quick note: the recent story I posted to my FictionPress account has been taken down. I decided to go ahead and submit it for publication, so I sent it off to the first EZine this morning. And it seemed kind of wrong to try to publish it for pay, while keeping a free viewable version out there. If I get a few rejections, and it seems no one is interested in publishing it, I will probably put it back up. Anyways, I'm a bit nervous. It's been a long time since I have submitted anything for publication.

Anyways, this morning was fun. First, I put salt in my wife's coffee (I swear, I thought it was sugar). Then, when she got to work, they were cleaning with Pine-Sol. She is highly allergic to anything pine, so she ended up having a huge reaction. So much so that I had to rush to her work with an Epi Pen, and give her an injection. She's doing fine now, and sleeping off the Benadryl she had taken. It was scary, and I told her if she did that again, I would kick her ass for not having the pen in her purse, as well as the asses of her bosses for letting them use that stuff.

I want to work on some fiction writing today, but I really need to get cracking on my research papers. A 10-page paper on literacy and a 10-page paper on the Viking Age. I sometimes forget that writing something you HAVE to write is much harder than writing something you WANT to write. I will be so glad to be done with school. well, that is until I decide what direction to go if I decide to go to grad school.

No comments: