Monday, May 9, 2011

Hammering away!

Yep, saw THOR this weekend.  Kicked all kinds of ass!  Was it perfect?  Maybe not.  But it hit all of the right points, and I thought it brought the character and his cast to life admirably.  But, I'm not here to talk about that movie.  I'm here to talk about writing.  Because that's what I do.

First and foremost, the deadline for the Sword & Sorceress anthology is this Friday.  The story I am doing for it is about half-way done (maybe a bit more than that), so I am confident that I will be able to submit it on time.

Next up is the Orcs story.  I had jumped head first into writing that, but kind of petered out on it.  Especially after finding out that most of the people involved in the anthology haven't even started writing yet, but are merely ironing out rough ideas at this point.  So, I figured I would step back and take some time with it.

In other writing news, I hope you saw that I have added a lot of stuff to the Age of the Sword RPG.  It's getting much closer to being finished, and I expect that, barring any rules revisions, I will only be polishing up the setting, adding rules for Sorcery, and commissioning/drawing original artwork for it.  In the meantime, I'd really like some feedback.  Even if it's to tell me how much is sucks and how you think I should stop wasting my time on it.  So far, no one has responded with anything resembling a critique.

Other works in progress: Life of Rage ( an Orc RPG written in first person), the Conn Project (Conan pastiche that may be modified for an original setting), and various other minor projects.  Oh, and I'll try to get the final part of the Thomas Magni serial done.  Though that one seems to not have caught on much, as I get no feedback or followers on that page.  So, if I do manage to finish the first story arc, that may be it.

1 comment:

The Happy Whisk said...

Glad you enjoyed the movie. Cool beans.