Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Mighty Hercules!!

It's no big secret that I am a fan of just about every incarnation of Hercules. Steve Reeves, Reg Park, Kevin Sorbo, Jason and the Argonauts, the Disney animated film, and, of course, Marvel Comics' own Prince of Power. Heck, I even liked The Three Stooges Meet Hercules. But, as of this moment, they all pale in comparison to the upcoming Hercules, starring Dwayne Johnson.

I have long been a fan of "the Rock." From his wrestling days, to his first few attempts to break into Hollywood, to some of the best action movies around, regardless of the quality of the film itself, I have consistently liked him. If I were to make a list of the top "new school" action heroes, he would be #1 right now.

So, when it was announced that he would be playing Hercules in a film based on a rather highly-acclaimed graphic novel, I was in like Flynn. I didn't even care that Brett Ratner was directing (honestly, I think he's a decent director, given a good script).

Take a look at the trailer, and tell me what you think. Are you as excited for July as I am right now?


I need to start working out more.

4 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

Looks very good.

Now, I need to read that comic - they have it at Comixology, luckily.

Charles Gramlich said...

Although I like the trailer, I can't say I'm overly excited. I don't know. I just never really was a fan of Hercules. Sorry about that. :)

Tom Doolan said...

Yeah, well, there's not many movies that seem to "excite" you anyways, Charles. ;)

Adventuresfantastic said...

The trailer looks impressive. I hope the film lives up to it.