Friday, January 16, 2015

I'm stumblin'

So, my goal of writing every day is already faltering.  Due to work stuff, school stuff, kid stuff, and just plain being tried and unfocused, I am finding more days with 0's than not.  So, I think I am going to not worry so much about it for now.

As I've stated, school is a big distraction right now.  I have a Critical Review and a 12-page research paper coming up, on top of weekly postings.  The Critical Review is basically a book review with a specific focus in what I am looking at.  Initially I was going to do one of the books I am using a source for my research paper.  But, it's a 400+ page tome.  And while interesting (it's a comparison of Rommel, Patton, and Montgomery), there's no way I will be able to read it all and critique it in time.  So, last night I found a much shorter book that still qualifies, and is even on a pretty interesting aspect of WWII.  So, that should alleviate some of my tension.

My health is starting to effect me more too.  I'm carrying around about 30 extra pounds (and it all seems concentrated in my gut), plus a couple of my important "numbers" are off.  Basically, I just need to eat healthier and exercise more.  So, I am also going to be trying to focus some of my efforts on that.

All of this kind of leaves writing fiction and games out in the cold for a bit.  I'm still going to try to write often.  But I'm just not going to focus on my word tally at this time.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Do get started on the better eating and exercise now. Believe me, the older you get the harder it is to take care of such things.