Monday, December 15, 2008

Writing Spy Stories

Anyone who knows me knows I am a huge James Bond fan. But mostly from the movies. I've seen every one of them, most more than once. I have a wealth of useless knowledge about the character and his universe. I also used to play Victory Games' RPG back in high school. During that time I had created my own agent, Andrew Hearst, 005. I've revisited the character off and on over the years, but never put much down on paper. Well, recently I've decided to rectify that. To that end, I present the first short story about Hearst. I've decided to place him in contemporary times, roughly in line with Daniel Craig's movies. I like this story, and it opened me up to a lot of possibilities. So, it may end up serving as the first chapter, or prelude, for a book about the character. Now, due to copyright laws, I won't be able to publish it for money, but I think it'll be a good exercise in writing. So, without further adieu, I present...

Without Hesitation

No comments: