Thursday, October 21, 2010

I’m doing fine…

This blog entry is in direct response to my wife’s recent entry.

Honey, I’m doing fine. I am admittedly a little burned out on lifting weights at the gym, and I’m feeling a bit bored, and like I’m not making progress anymore. That’s why I am looking at starting martial arts training.

Currently, I walk for at least 10-15 minutes, 2-3 times a day. I also always take the stairs, and will occasionally walk an extra flight or two, if I have time. Granted, this is not getting my heart rate up to athletic levels, and I am not strengthening any major muscle groups (well, my legs get a good burn), but I am burning calories and getting my blood flowing.

That being said, I do plan on getting back to the gym for weight-training at least once a week after we get back from California (right now my mind is very occupied with that trip). Additionally, I plan to buy a punching bag that I can store in the storage downstairs, and bring out to use down there at least once or twice a week, or whenever the mood strikes.

I think I will be starting JKD classes in January, when they introduce their new schedule. It will be on Monday and Tuesday evening, probably from about 8:00 until 9:00+ or so. So, after dinner, I head out to train. I’m only going to go month to month. It’s $20 more a month, but if that schedule becomes untenable, I don’t want to be stuck with a year-long membership that costs $250 to cancel. Plus this gives us a couple of months to stabilize our finances so we can be sure it’s affordable.

So, see? I have a plan. And though I have been a bit lethargic for the last couple of weeks, it’s only temporary. I’m still adjusting to being employed, plus all of the other stressors. Granted, they are relatively small in comparison to what we have dealt with in the past, but they still have their effect.

1 comment:

bowiefan said...

I'm still planning to chase you around the house anyhow :)