Thursday, August 16, 2012
The covers for my Kindles so far have all been somewhat similar, stylistically. Particularly, the Orc-related ones. Basically, it's a black background, with a Photoshopped image of a head/face. So, I am inclined to keep with that trend. Last night I took a photo of an actor who has certain features that fit Gortek, and morphed and colored it to the point where you can't really recognize who the original actor was.
At first, I was hesitant to go this route again. I didn't want people to get them confused, and think that all of my stories were the same. But, I started thinking about it, and realized that it's a pretty common thing for stories and books in a series. So, I'm going to go with it for now.
That being said, I think I will have to start over tonight. I screwed the image up beyond easy repair last night, and I didn't really like how it looked at the end. Sometimes, if you don't pay attention to what you are doing, Layers in Photoshop can be a pain the ass.